Loading...

Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug: THM:S, Ketogenic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb

Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug: THM:S, Ketogenic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb
Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug: THM:S, Ketogenic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb

Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug

Since starting my Ketogenic Experiment (don't worry, I'm still on THM, just trying this whole keto thing out for 60 days) one of the things I've been missing the most are Cinnamon Rolls.
We went to the  mall the other day, and I swear the amazing smell from the Cinnabon stand filled the entire mall – and we were on the opposite end of the mall from the stand!
Maybe going Keto has given me a superhuman sense of smell, or maybe I just wanted what I could't have, but when we came home I was a woman on a mission:

I was going to create a Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug.




Craving a keto cinnamon roll? Try my 90-Second Keto Cinnamon Roll in a mug! It's a THM:S, ketogenic, sugar-free, low carb, and grain free!Now, I had the basics from my time spent creating some of the amazing mug muffins from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook such as the Volcano Muffin, Strawberry Muffin, and Peach Muffin.
BUT, I wanted my Keto Cinnabon to be higher in fat than most of the Satisfying muffins in the cookbook, more in line with ketogenic macros (60%-75% calories from fat, 15%-30% calories from protein, and 5%-10% calories from carbs or less)
So I experimented, and subjected my poor husband to mug muffin after mug muffin, until I finally landed on the the perfect combo of ingredients+ cooking time!
One note: I prefer recipes a bit sweeter than a lot of people do.  So feel free to back the sweetener off a bit if you don't have a fiery sweet tooth like I do!  Also, I am a Cinnamon fanatic, so feel free to cut the Cinnamon in the recipe in half, if you're not.

My Keto Cinnamon Roll recipe is a THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain Free, and Gluten Free.

It clocks in at:
  • 599 calories
  • 6 g net carbs
  • 57.2 g fat
  • 14.4 g protein
Before we get into the recipe, if you are new to Trim Healthy Mama, I highly encourage you to read my Trim Healthy Mama 101 post.  This will get you started with Trim Healthy  Mama, introduce you to some of the terms I use, and help you enjoy food freedom while keeping confusion to a minimum!
KETO CINNAMON ROLL IN A MUG
Author: 
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 1 SERVING
INGREDIENTS
  • For the Cinnamon Roll
  • 3 T Almond Flour
  • ½ tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon (less if desired)
  • 1 T Lakanto Classic
  • 2 T Melted Butter
  • 1 Egg
  • For the Icing:
  • 1 oz Full-Fat Cream Cheese
  • ½ T Lakanto Confectioner's
  • For the Butter Glaze
  • 1 T Butter, melted
  • ½ tsp Cinnamon
  • ½ T Lakanto Confectioner's
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Melt 2 T of butter in a large mug or small Pyrex dish (like in the pictures above.
  2. Add in the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Truvia, Egg and mix well.
  3. Microwave on high for 90 second. The mug cinnamon roll will puff up, but don't worry - it won't spill over!

Advertisement