Loading...

Fresh Salsa

Fresh Salsa
Fresh Salsa
I love homemade fresh salsa. So I decided to make some this year and freeze it. I made this recipe up after looking online at some other recipes to get the general idea. The beauty of it is that you can add or subtract your own ingredients or amounts. Don’t like cilantro? Don’t put it in. Like garlic? Add it. Super easy and fast. I made 8 quarts by hand in just over an hour. I made it one time with garlic and one time without. I like it better without. DO NOT be tempted to add more onion or garlic once you make it and taste it. It gets stronger each day (in the fridge anyway). I know this from experience which is why I left out the garlic the second time. Wow!


Fresh Salsa (makes just over 1 quart)

4 good sized tomatos
1 jalepeno pepper with however many seeds you want (the more seeds, the hotter the salsa)
1/4-1/2 onion
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1-2 tsp. salt
few sprigs cilantro (optional)
1 clove garlic (optional)
I used my salsa maker that I bought at the Utah State Fair a few years ago, but it is basically a manual food processor or blender. So I rough cut my veggies and put them in the salsa maker and added the rest of the ingredients.

Source: Mandy

Advertisement